Welcome to the Village of Stillwater
A Historic and Scenic Location
Stillwater was incorporated as a village in 1816, and the bounds were from the Stillwater brook half a mile up, and on the north included the Bartlett farm. Afterwards the bounds were extended south. In 1875 the census of the village showed 797 inhabitants, and 123 voters. Visit the Village Historian page for a complete history.
The Village is located on Routes 4 and 32 within the Town of Stillwater in Saratoga County, 25 miles north of our state capital Albany, New York. A large percentage of our business district overlooks the scenic Hudson River and makes visiting a true pleasure.
We have much to offer our residents and visitors which includes a long marked history of Revolutionary War patriots who once resided within the Village. We have parks, playgrounds, iceskating, a very active community center, a library and a variety of eateries and small businesses. Students from Universal Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade attend Stillwater Central Schools which placed high out of 83 schools within the Albany area in a report published by the Buffalo Business First.
Within a short drive, residents have access to a premiere shopping mall, Saratoga Lake, Luther Forest Technology Campus, or one of the many local and state parks. More than a dozen colleges and universities are nearby, including the State University of New York at Albany, The Sage Colleges, and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Historic Saratoga Springs and the famous Saratoga Thoroughbred Race Track is less than 15 minutes away. Montreal, Boston and New York City are all within a few hours’ drive.