The Village Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, Dec. 20, to solicit pubic feedback on its newly-updated Comprehensive Plan. The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. in the village board room.
A village committee has been working over the last several years to update the plan, first adopted in 2004, as part of the Hudson River Waterfront Revitalization study that has been ongoing since 2015.
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VILLAGE’S 2016 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
Both plans focus on identifying recommendations and actions to reinforce and accelerate economic development and quality of life improvements for the village at large and the Rt. 4/Hudson Avenue riverfront corridor. The plan uses data from the last federal census conducted in 2010.
The Village Comprehensive Plan focuses on seven specific goal areas:
- Goal 1: Enhance Quality of Life
- Goal 2: Increase Economic Stability & Vitality, Revitalization & Tourism
- Goal 3: Refocus on Waterfront Revitalization & Reinvestment
- Goal 4: Update Land Use & Zoning Policies & Ensure Development Consistency
- Goal 5: Ensure Housing Stability, Diversity & Property Upkeep
- Goal 6: Improve & Expand Transportation & Infrastructure Systems
- Goal 7: Preserve, Protect & Promote Recreation, Historic/Cultural/Natural & Open Space Resources
Following the public hearing, the updated Comprehensive Plan will be submitted to the Saratoga County Planning Board for their members’ review and comments.